Visitors

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hogue Genesis Merlot 2006, Columbia Valley, Washington State



The first thing that really excited me about this wine is the aromatics; black cherry, blackcurrant, fruit cake, vanilla and cedar. This Merlot is full bodied (generous alcohol at 14.9%), but still well balanced with rich concentrated flavours, velvet texture, lively acidity and well integrated tannins. The finish is long, savoury, and sweet with cedar and rich chocolate. This is about the fourth or fifth time I have enjoyed this wine that was part of the New Release of July 24, 2010, priced at $19.95. This particular bottle was purchased at the SAQ in Quebec; I was browsing the store and noticed the Genesis Merlot 2006, I couldn’t believe my luck. This well made Merlot is slightly more expensive in Quebec, but still a good value.
This wine was purchased on May 7, 2011 at the SAQ for $21.85.

No comments:

Post a Comment