Visitors

Monday, June 11, 2012

Quinta da Romaneira Douro 2007, Douro, Portugal




This wine is a blend of 70% Touriga Nacional, 25% Touriga Franca and 5% Tinta Cão and a wine that looks very pretty in the glass with a deep ruby color. This wine opened up with aromas of dark red fruit, Asian spice, smoke and vanilla notes. On the mouthfeel, full bodied (alcohol at 14%) flavours of bing cherries, blackcurrants, spices, with low acidity and fine grained tannins. This wine finish is long, tasty, juicy with good depth of flavours.  While I really enjoyed this wine, I don’t feel a sense of place with this wine. It could have been from Argentina, Australia or California, sweeter than I expected and I would have preferred a little more structure at this price. Interesting wine none the less, score 90 points. 

Purchased March 31, 2012 LCBO In-Store Discovery (218750) at $34.95 

2 comments:

  1. Paul, I have a bottle of this in my cellar. How long would you hold onto it? Or is it just ready to go now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andrew, in my opinion, I dont think it will get better in time. It may get smoother, but I would be concerned that the wine would fall apart because of its low acidity and very little tannins left at this point. I say open now and pair with lamb. Cheers, Paul.

      Delete