Visitors

Saturday, September 1, 2012

My top three enjoyed wines in August 2012




A very interesting selection of global wines were enjoyed this month. My love affair with more mature wines is on full display with the first two of my top three. There are two wines which did not make my list but are worth mentioning; Verbena Brunello Di Montalcino 2007 from Tuscany in Italy, a most elegant Brunello, that given an additional 1-2 years would most likely score in the top three of my monthly top wines (I had to purchase another bottle) and Coriole Vineyards Shiraz 2009 from McLaren Vale in Australia, great fruit went into the making of this wine along with great work in the vineyard, and just enough oak to give this wine great structure.

My top three wines in August

1-Inspiración Valdemar Edición Limitada 2003, Rioja, Spain


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2012/08/inspiracion-valdemar-edicion-limitada.html

An easy pick at number 1 is this mature beauty from Spain, which left me with the most memorable impression. This wine was so smooth with great flavours and all elements of this wine well integrated.


2-Burge Family Olive Hill 2006, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2012/08/burge-family-olive-hill-2006-barossa.html

This wine benefited from almost two years in my cellar, patience paid its dividend here. A beautiful complex and savoury Rhône blend. This wine would rival many Châteauneuf-du-Pape at twice the price.

3-Dog Point Chardonnay 2009, Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2012/08/dog-point-chardonnay-2009-marlborough.html

I often have a hard time buying Chardonnay, I find them too oaky. But this Chardonnay is sooooo classy, so enjoyable.  Kudos to the winemakers here

No comments:

Post a Comment