Visitors

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for June 2013




For me the month of June was marked by value over premium wines. As we move into the warmer months, I usually prefer lighter reds with lower alcohol, with less oak concentration and served lightly chilled. Four other wines which did not make my top three wines but would definitely be considered a very good value, for wines around the $20.00 mark; Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc 2012, Kunde Zinfandel 2008, Finca El Origin Gran Reserva 2010 and Les Halos de Jupiter Côtes du Rhône 2010.


My top three wines in June


1- Blue Mountain Pinot Noir 2011, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/06/blue-mountain-pinot-noir-2011-okanagan.html

When I look at all the wines enjoyed over the last months, this Pinot Noir is the wine which left me with the most satisfaction. I can almost feel the flavours, and that elegant texture in my month. Pinot Noir can be made in so many styles, this lighter style is definitely what I enjoy the most.
 


2- Marqués De Murrieta Finca Ygay Reserva 2006, DOCa Rioja, Spain

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/06/marques-de-murrieta-finca-ygay-reserva.html

Another stunning wine from Spain, I just wish that more wineries would hold onto their wines until all elements have had time to integrate and that their wines are entering their drinking window. What I especially like about this wine is Rioja trademark; superb aromatics.



3- Giuseppe Campagnola Le Bine Monte Foscarino Soave Classico 2011, DOC Veneto, Italy

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/06/giuseppe-campagnola-le-bine-monte.html

Another great vintage for Giuseppe Campagnola Soave. Now there were many wines that could have earned this spot but none more deserving then this one, when you considered the incredible value that this beautiful wine represents. This is what Italy does so well, wines meant to be enjoyed at the table

No comments:

Post a Comment