Visitors

Saturday, August 3, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for July 2013





When I look back at all the wines I reviewed this month, nine of them stood out for me. Three of these are Canadian wines and two of them, Cabernet Franc. I am not sure if this is a Canadian thing but I really enjoy Cabernet Franc. Apart from being well suited to our climate, for me, Cabernet Franc is not just a blending grape but has a great deal to offer on its own. I also really enjoyed two white wines this month, Domaine des Aubusières Cuvée de Silex Vouvray 2011 and Cloudy Bay Chardonnay 2009. Now here are my top three this months; 


My top three wines in July

1- Château des Laurets 2009 Puisseguin Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux, France


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/07/chateau-des-laurets-2009-puisseguin.html
 
I still can’t believe the great value that this 2009 Bordeaux represented. Well structured and age-worthy yet drinking beautifully now. Give it another 3-4 more years and it should achieve the same elegance has my number 2 pick, the Brunello.
  

2- San Giorgio Ugolforte Brunello Di Montalcino 2006, Docg Tuscany, Italy


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/07/san-giorgio-ugolforte-brunello-di.html



I am a big fan of Brunello and this one offers beautiful and complex aromas, smooth and subtle texture and an elegant finish. Worth the splurge. 



3- Lornano Chianti Classico 2009, Docg Tuscany, Italy


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/07/lornano-chianti-classico-2009-docg.html



I still vividly remember how beautifully, how enjoyable this Chianti Classico was. Great wine making at play here where the winemaker let the fruit and region express themselves without over manipulation. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment