Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Finca Villacreces Pruno 2011, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain

This wine is made mostly with Tempranillo with 90% and the remaining 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, maturation in three year old French oak barrels for 12 months and alcohol coming in at 14%.
This wine opened up with aromas of black cherry, dark plums, exotic spices, coffee grinds, toasty oak and a hint of tobacco. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, dry with concentrated robust flavours, low acidity and firm but not overbearing tannins. Very good length on the finish with concentrated flavours and notes of damp earth and leather lingering. This is a rich, intense well structured Tempranillo blend which should acquire some elegance if given time in bottle (2-5 years). Great potential, strongly recommended, score 90 points.
Purchased September 28, 2013 LCBO Vintages New Release (312140) at $19.95
Also available at the SAQ (11881940) at $21.45

No comments:

Post a Comment