Visitors

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Château Rochecolombe Côte du Rhône 2009, Rhône, France


Deep violet colour, this Côte Du Rhône is a blend of 60% Grenache and 40% Syrah. This wine opens up with aromas of blackberry, dark plum, black olives, spices, toasty oak and espresso notes. On the mouthfeel medium to full bodied with alcohol at 14.7 %, balanced acidity and gritty tannins. The finish is medium length with dark fruit, pepper and toasty oak notes lingering. This is one of those wine I don’t get, I don’t smell Grenache at all, it smells more like Mourvèdre to me. What I am not fond of is the mouthfeel, it’s a little to rustic and to much toasty oak characteristic for my palate. It is not a bad wine for $15.00, but this is not something I would want to revisit. Score 86 points.
  
This wine was purchased December 10, 2011 LCBO New Release at $14.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment