Visitors

Monday, August 5, 2019

Francesco Cirelli Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Anfora 2017, Doc Abruzzo, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Montepulciano 100%

🧐 Alcohol 13%

🍁 My Score 89 Points

🧩 Organic fruit, native yeast with spontaneous fermentation, vinified and aged in terracotta jars for 9 months, unfined

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Vibrant nose with aromas of blackberries, blueberries, plums, violets and peppery notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, juicy, bright flavours, chewy dusty tannins and refreshing acidity. The finish is long, slightly tart with wild berry and plum lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I didn’t quite known what to expect. Some times I feel that aging wine in anfora robs the wine of it’s fruity character. This is definitely not the case here, a bright and fruity Montelpulciano wine with lots of character. It work beautifully paired with pizza and I can see it working very well with BBQ foods. A great wine experience 😊 Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment