Visitors

Monday, August 5, 2019

Daydreamer Amelia 2016, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




Daydreamer Amelia 2016, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦

🍇 Syrah 90%
🍇 Viognier 10%

🧐 Alcohol 13%

🍁 My Score 92 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

A very attractive nose with aromas of blackberries, blueberries, red plums, violets, cured meat, white pepper and light smoky notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, elegant texture, seductive fruit, silky tannins and balanced acidity. The finish is medium-long with flavours of plummy-blackberry fruit, prosciutto and light peppery notes.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Today we are celebrating British Columbia Day.  I am lucky to be living in a province with such beautiful topography from ocean coast line, beautiful islands, mountains and stunning, thriving wineries.  Daydreamer is a small family run, organic farm winery on the beautiful Naramata Bench in the Okanagan Valley.  This was my last of three bottles of this Syrah, a Platinum winner from last year’s WineAlign Canadian Wine Awards.  I love this style of Syrah, similar to Northern Rhône, a more elegant expression of Syrah, where the lower alcohol showcases it’s purity of fruit and gives this Syrah a fresher mouthfeel.  I now look forward to my two bottles of their 2017 vintage, which again won a platinum award, this past week. Congratulations and well done 👌 I am planning a journey through the Okanagan at the end of this month, which will include a stop at Daydreamer Vineyards. Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment