Visitors

Monday, August 26, 2019

Alpha Estate Xinomavro 2012 Hedgehog Vineyard, Amyndeon, Greece 🇬🇷




🍇 Xinomavro 100%

🧐 Alcohol 14%

🍁 My Score 92 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Beautiful, expressive nose with aromas of wild berries, black plums, leather, leafy underbrush, spice box and peppery notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, dry, very flavourful, firm grainy tannins and refreshing acidity. The finish is long with spicy black fruit and savoury flavours lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I purchased this wine over one year ago and was told I should lay it down for a short while to allow the tannins to soften up a bit. I don’t have much experience with Xinomavro, but let me tell you that this wine was such a happy surprise. Beautiful aromatics, superb texture and very flavourful. It more than exceeded my expectations. Wine lovers who are looking for a different kind of experience should consider this beauty. Strongly recommended my wine friends. Cheers 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment