Visitors

Monday, January 30, 2012

W & J. Graham's Quinta Dos Malvedos Vintage Port 2001, Douro, Portugal



I love Port, especially in the winter, but I do have a hard time finding Ports I like. When I do, I tend to stay with them and repurchase often. In the past I have enjoyed the Smith Woodhouse Late bottled 2001 and the always reliable Taylor Fladgate 10 year old Tawny Port, and on rare occasion the much better 20 year old. This is the third time I have opened this Port in the last couple months and this is the first opportunity I had to take a picture of the moment. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the sensuous and warm aromatics of this port with flavours of dark plums, currants, raisins, dates, fruitcake and baking spices. On the mouthfeel, full bodied with the 20% alc. It is well balanced by fresh acidity, well integrated tannins and complex flavours. This Port has great energy on the finish with fruitcake, spiced dark plums and raisin flavours followed with some alcoholic heat. This is my kind of Port, awesome stuff, score 91 points.

This Port was purchased October 1, 2011 LCBO (New Release) at $25.95 for a 375 ml bottle.     

No comments:

Post a Comment