Visitors

Monday, January 2, 2012

Ayala Majeur Brut Champagne, Champagne, France



I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a fantastic year with great health and a few outstanding bottles of wine. I don't often purchase Champagne, but if I am going to splurge and spend up to $50.00, I would prefer to spend my dollars on a full bodied red. But on this occasion of welcoming the New Year, spending the evening with my brother and his family, toasting the New Year with a great bottle of Champagne seems like the perfect thing to do. This is a bright and cheerful Champagne using all three grapes allowed within the Appelation; Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir. Visually, very beautiful bubbles with aromas of citrus notes, green apple, buttered croissant and nutty. Medium bodied, dry and creamy with balanced green apple acidity and some minerality. This Champagne's finish is long refreshing and citrusy. Very enjoyable, score 90 points.

This Champagne was purchased December 10, 2011 LCBO New Release at $49.95.  

No comments:

Post a Comment