Visitors

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Vega Sauco Adoremus Tinta De Toro 2004, Toro, Spain


Once I started inserting the cork screw, the top of the cork started to split away, with pieces breaking away. When the cork screw reached halfway, I knew I had penetrated a much softer part of the cork. With my best efforts to remove the cork, pulling as lightly as possible, it broke in half, with the bottom falling in the bottle. It made me wonder how long the bottle had been standing up, for the cork to dry this much. What you see inserted into the neck of the bottle is a product from Denmark called Nuance. 


It acts as an aerator, wine filter and the pour is beautiful. I sold many of these when I worked in a wine shop. I love this product. It comes in handy in a situation like this. But what is important, is the wine right?

This wine aromatics are truly captivating, Tempranillo through and through with aromas of cherry,  wild strawberry, leather, church wood, sweet spices and tobacco leaf. On the palate, medium-full bodied, soft creamy texture, balance acidity and silky tannins. The finish is long, savoury and very enjoyable. On a more technical note, this wine is 100% Tinta De Toro, the local name for Tempranillo, aging took place in 50% French and 50% in American oak for 18 months, than 1 year in bottle before release.  Apart from the cork situation, an awesome wine and excellent value for money. Score 90 points. 

Purchased March 17, 2012 LCBO New Release (268813) at $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment