Visitors

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for December 2012





Looking back at all the wines enjoyed this month either at home or at various Holiday parties,  apart from the three wines selected here in my top three, I found myself relying on old favourites which I have previously reviewed here on my blog. First, Castellani Filicheto Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2009 previously released in August and reviewed in October; and the Salcheto Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2006 released in November and also reviewed in November. Both of those Italian wines are drinking really well right, now especially the Salcheto which is so smooth. I have recommended both of these wines too many friends and work colleges and they all have enjoyed them. Apart from my top three, here are a few wines which left with also left a very good impression; Camus Vineyard Zinfandel 2009, Tenuta Sette Ponti Crognolo 2008 and Domaine De Billa-Haut Occultum Lapidem 2009. Now here are my top three picks;



My top three wines in December
1- PB Hein Cabernet Sauvignon 2005, Napa Valley, California, USA

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2012/12/pb-hein-cabernet-sauvignon-2005-napa.html


This was an easy pick at the top as number one. What a beautiful and flavourful maturing Cabernet from this small California boutique winery. I wish more wineries would hold on to their wines until they are ready to enjoy. I have to admit I splurged on another bottle before they were all sold out.


2- Remo Farina Montefante Riserva Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2006, Doc, Veneto, Italy

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2012/12/remo-farina-montefante-riserva-amarone.html


I had originally bought this wine with the intention to open it up during the Holidays, and it sure lived up to all the hype. A rich and full bodied Amarone, which was enjoyed by all four of us, over diner on a cold winter night.


3- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, 53rd Vintage, Coonawarra, South Australia, Australia

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2012/12/wynns-coonawarra-estate-cabernet.html


This is a seriously good Cabernet Sauvignon at this price point, which in my view, all elements are starting to integrate nicely (if you do enjoy a bit of crunchy tannins in your wine), and will only get better over the next three to four years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment