Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cellole Chianti Classico Riserva 2007, Docg Tuscany, Italy

This wine is made with 95% Sangiovese and in a supporting role, Merlot with the remaining 5%, maturation took place in new and second use barriques of 225 litres for 18-20 months than a further 6 months in bottle before being released.  Alcohol comes in at 14.5%.

A beautiful deep ruby in color, this Chianti opened up with exotic aromas of dark berry fruit, prunes, Asian spices, dried flowers, mushrooms and sandalwood. On the mouthfeel, full bodied, dry, dark fruit, earthy and gentle wood spices flavours with balance acidity and chewy tannins. This wine’s finish is long with great texture and a fine mixture of sweet and sour fruit which works quite beautifully. This is a more robust style of Chianti Classico Riserva, which struck a good balance between old and new world. I so enjoyed this wine, lots of charm, personality and great flavours, I went back to repurchase. Strongly recommended, score 91 points.

Purchased March 16, 2013 LCBO Vintages New Release (56945) at $26.95

No comments:

Post a Comment