Visitors

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for March 2013




A fine group of mostly reasonably price wines where enjoyed this month. I have often noticed that the most expensive don't always make my top three, I must admit my expectations are heightened when I spend over $50.00 a bottle. These very enjoyable wines did not make my top three but are worth an honourable mention; Graham Beck Bowed Head Chenin Blanc 2010 from South Africa, Tabali Reserva Especial 2009 from Chile and Domaine Grand Veneur Les Champauvins Côtes du Rhône 2010 from France. Now here are my top three wines for this month;


My top three wines in March
 
1- Poliziano Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2009, Docg, Tuscany, Italy 
 
I have been following Poliziano Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano through many vintages now (but we did not see the 2008 vintage in our market), and for me the 2009 vintages is as beautiful as their 2007 vintages. All the elements are in place for this wine to age gracefully over the next 4-5 years. I have three more in my cellar and looking forward to see their evolution over the next few years.


 2- Angulo Innocenti Malbec 2010, La Consulta, Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina 

This inaugural vintage for Angulo Innocenti Malbec sure was delicious, well structured, age worthy and deserving of its number 2 place, based on its outstanding value. I originally bought only one bottle but went back and purchased 3 more. 
 

3- Castello Di Querceto Chianti Classico Riserva 2008, Docg, Tuscany, Italy 
http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/03/castello-di-querceto-chianti-classico.html


What I like about Sangiovese is its ability to work so well at the table. When you spend a few hours putting a meal together, there is nothing more rewarding then opening up a beautiful wine like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment