Visitors

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Blue Mountain Pinot Noir 2015, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Pinot Noir 100%⁣

🧐 Alcohol 12.5%⁣

🍁 My Score 90 Points ⁣

🧩 -Wild ferment in tank for 20 days⁣
     -Aged in a blend of new to three year old French oak barrels for 16 months.⁣


🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸⁣

Beautiful nose with aromas of cherries, plums, rhubarb, forest floor, savoury herbs and smoky notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, dusty tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is medium length, elegant with flavours of sweet and sour fruit, earthy and smoky notes lingering.⁣

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹⁣

Quite surprising that in such a hot vintage, Blue Mountain was able to produce such an elegant Pinot. Not that I am that surprised since these are the style of wines I am accustomed to from this winery. This is the reason why I count myself among their loyal fan base. Quite a delicious Pinot experience. Cheers my wine friends 🍷⁣


No comments:

Post a Comment