Visitors

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Salcheto Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2015, Docg Tuscany, Italy





🍇 Prugnolo Gentile (Sangiovese) 100%

🧐 Alcohol 13.5%

🍁 My Score 94 Points 

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

A very enticing nose with aromas of sour cherries, plums, strawberries, wild herbs, violets, underbrush and light leather notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, dry, tasty elegant texture, fine dusty tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is medium-long with a savoury flavours and sweet and sour fruit flavours lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I have been a fan of this producer for a very long time reviewing many of their Vino Nobile and their Rosso.  Unfortunately I had not seen this wine here in British Columbia until Lone Tree Cellars started distributing it here. A big thank you for that, I am very grateful. This was exactly what I expected from Sangiovese and much more. Starting with beautiful, stunning aromatics, elegant texture and great flavours. An incredible value and fantastic pairing with pizza. This producer was on the leading edge of sustainable farming. Now I just need to repurchase this superb vintage and put away for a few years and hoping I can exercise restraint 😉 Strongly recommended my wine friends. Cheers 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment