Visitors

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

St. Urbans-Hof Nik Weis Old Vines Riesling 2018, Mosel, Germany 🇩🇪




🍇 Riesling 100%

🧐 Alcohol 11%

🍁 My Score 92 Points

🔹 Very attractive nose with aromas of apples, lemons, tropical fruit, mineral notes and light petrol. On the mouthfeel light to medium bodied, off-dry, luscious mid palate and refreshing acidity. On the mouthfeel, long finish with flavours of limes, tangerines, mango, honey and underlining minerality.

🔸 Oh my god! This Riesling is such a treat. I still have such a great souvenir of visiting St. Urban-Hof in September of 2018. My hotel was able to book a last minute visit. My host was none other than Daniela Weiss. She was such a gracious host and offered us a great tasting experience. As for this wine, classic Riesling nose with a wonderful balance of residual sugar and acidity in perfect harmony. I am so happy that our store Vintages Spirits in Victoria are stocking three of their wines. As for the food pairing, a delicious spicy crusted cod. I would love to see how this would taste in about five years, but hard to resist right now. Cheers my wine friends 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment