Visitors

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chateau Haut-Marbuzet 2002, Saint-Estèphe, Bordeaux, France



Having my brothers family over for dinner this Thanksgiving I thought I would open something special and that special something was a Bordeaux that I purchased in France this summer. Once I pulled the cork I knew that this was going to be a memorable evening. An explosion of aromas from this nine year old wine; cherry, dark fruit, red currants, soft leather and tobacco leaf aromas. Incredible smooth mouthfeel with soft seductive fruit, fine ripe tannins and fresh acidity. More of the same on the finish, smooth, fresh with all elements of this wine well integrated. A little research on the web was not helpful, I coud not find the exact blend of this Saint-Estèphe wine. Finding the blend of a Bordeaux is sometimes as impossible as finding the most secret recipes (aka the Colonel's blend), my guess is mostly Merlot with Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc rounding out this blend. Lovely wine to smell, well balanced, elegant and drinking beautifully, right now.

This wine was purchased in Ajaccio on the Island of Corsica in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment