Visitors

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lake Breeze Pinot Blanc 2010, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada



I wish we could find BC Pinot Blanc in our store here in Ontario. While living in BC, I had the opportunity to discover BC Pinot Blanc (PB) and I truly enjoyed the flavours of this grape; I would describe it as a fruit salad with refreshing acidity. My favourite were from the Wild Goose Vineyards, Blue Mountain Vineyards and this wine from Lake Breeze. I have been a regular buyer of this Pinot Blanc, having purchased the last four or five vintage of there PB. All except one vintage were outstanding, now how about this 2010 vintage.

This wine opens with  aromas of citrus fruit, white flowers and hints of minerality. The mouthfeel was good weight but racy acidity. The finish is long and acidic. It is hard to enjoy a glass of wine when the acidity is this sharp. An unbalanced wine in my book, not enough fruit to balance all that acidity. I am not afraid of acidity, I enjoy drinking grapefruit juice, so I know acidity and this PB is undrinkable. Very disappointing.

This wine was purchased at Spinnakers Spirit Merchants in Victoria BC July 18, 2011 at $17.72.

No comments:

Post a Comment