Visitors

Monday, March 4, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for February 2013




A nice diversity of global wines enjoyed this month. I was quite happy with a number of wines under $20.00 this month. Two of these wines shared the number three spot. I coudn't finish this post without giving a special mention to the following three wines which in any other month could have been in my top three and I would strongly recommend; Michele Castellani Cinque Stelle Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2006, Reininger Syrah 2007 and Mount Langi Ghiran Kneebones Shiraz 2007. Now here are my top three wines for this month;



My top three wines in February


1- La Rioja Alta Viña Ardanza Reserva Especial 2001, Rioja, Spain 

 

Another Spanish wine making my top pick. I swear that I am not looking to receive a Spanish citizenship, but I really enjoy their wines. What can I say, when you consider quality and price and the fact that I didn’t have to cellar it, that it was aged for me, is a nice bonus.



2- Penfold Bin 389 Cabernet/Shiraz 2008, South Australia, Australia



A lot of wines this month were very smooth and enjoyable, but sometimes smooth can be a bit boring. Penfold Bin 389 is a lot, but boring it is not, I definitely love the complexity and structure of this blend. Great wine.
 


3- Poderi Angelini Primitivo Di Manduria 2008, DOC, Puglia, Italy


and

    Santorini Assyrtiko 2011, Pdo Santorini, Greece



Both of these very enjoyable wines deserve this spot for the same reasons. Both of these wines have personality, they are terroir driven and represent great value.  


No comments:

Post a Comment