Saturday, March 16, 2013

Poliziano Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2009, Docg, Tuscany, Italy

This wine is a blend of 85% Prugnolo Gentile (local clone of Sangiovese) with the remaining 15% a blend of Colorino, Canaiolo and Merlot with alcohol coming in at 14.5%.

This wine pours a beautifully dark ruby in color and opened up with aromas of black cherry, dark plums, blackcurrants, forest floor, sandalwood, tobacco and vanilla notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, great flavours, beautifully structured, harmonious with fresh acidity and fined grained tannins. A great deal of finesse and elegance on the finish, with nice sweet and sour fruit flavours and savoury spices lingering. I love the seductive fruit and savoury personality of this Poliziano Vino Nobile and the great mouthfeel, well handled use of barrel fermentation, should age quite nicely over the next three to four years. Gorgeous wine, strongly recommended, score 91 points,

Purchased February 16, 2013 LCBO Vintages New Release (988055) at $25.95

No comments:

Post a Comment