Monday, May 27, 2013

Château La Croix des Moines 2009, Lalande-de-Pomerol, Bordeaux, France

This wine is from the very good 2009 Bordeaux vintages and is a blend of 80% Merlot with the remaining 20% equal parts Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc, the grapes are hand-harvested and the wines are matured in oak barrels for 14 months, alcohol comes in at 13.5%.
A deep ruby in color, this wine opened up with aromas of blackberry, blueberry, plum, dried violets, damp heart and prunes. On the mouthfeel, a medium-full bodied wine with spicy fruit flavours, mild acidity and firm tannins. Robust with good weight and texture on the finish, rich flavours and persistent tannins lingering. Nice and enjoyable plummy Merlot, made to be enjoyed at the table. Score 88 points.
Purchased April 9, 2012 at the SAQ (973057) at $24.85

No comments:

Post a Comment