Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel 2010, Lodi, California. USA

This wine is made with mostly Zinfandel, at 77%, the remaining 23% is Petit Syrah with alcohol coming in at 14.5%.
This wine opened up with aromas of red cherry, plum, wild berries, soft leather, spicy and vanilla notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied with ripe fruit concentration, spicy, fresh acidity and silky tannins. The finish is long, spicy with sweet and tart flavours and fine silky tannins. A lovely, well made Zinfandel, were the fruit is ripe and oak treatment is well handled, nothing overdone. Perfect paired with anything from the BBQ or can sip on its own, was very enjoyable. Strongly recommended, score 90 points.    
Purchased May 25, 2013 LCBO Vintages New Release (942599) at $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment