Visitors

Monday, November 18, 2019

Cantina del Pino Barbera d’Asti 2016, DOCG Piedmont, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Barbera 100%

🧐 Alcohol 14%

🍁 My Score 91 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Gorgeous bouquet with aromas of cherries, plums, pomegranates, violets, soft leather and wood spices. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, beautiful, elegant texture, lively acidity and soft tannins. The finish is long with a red berry fruit explosion and peppery notes lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Purchased this gorgeous Barbera @vesselliquor  felt so lucky. The only bottle remaining, definitely calling my name. I am not sure why it’s so difficult to find Barbera d’Asti in British Columbia. There seems to be one bottle of Barbera from Asti compared to five from Alba. I prefer the style of Barbera from Asti, they are lighter, more elegant, with less oak and extraction, and still have that classic Italian acidity. This Barbera from a cooler vintage suits my palate just right, with wonderful freshness and bright fruit flavours. Strongly recommended. Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment