Visitors

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Turley Old Vines Zinfandel 2016, California, USA 🇺🇸





🍇 Zinfandel 100%

🧐 Alcohol 15.5%

🍁 My Score 88 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Classic Zin nose with aromas of wild berries, black cherries, violets, light cloves and burnt brown sugar. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied with fruity flavours, baking spices, soft tannins and low acidity. The finish is medium length with flavours of ripe berries, dried raisins, vanilla and peppery notes.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I really enjoyed this Zinfandel with a BBQ steak but by the end of the evening, on it’s own, it tasted a little jammy. Would have preferred more depth, structure and acidity. Base on my notes, I enjoyed the 2015 more than this vintage. Still a good Zin experience. Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment