Visitors

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Caparzo La Casa Brunello di Montalcino 2013, Tuscany, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Sangiovese Grosso 100%

🧐 Alcohol 13.5%

🍁 My Score 92 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Classic Sangiovese nose with aromas of red cherries, blackberries, leather, floral, smoky and vanilla notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, dry, slightly austere flavours, dusty tannins and lively acidity. The finish is long with flavours of tart cherries, smoky leathery fruit and savoury herbs.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

This Brunello paired beautifully with a pasta dish of eggplants, tomatoes, lamb sausage, goat cheese and fresh basil. The acidity and tannins provide a great foundation for this wine to blossom in your cellar over the next few years. I wish I had another bottle to see this happen myself. Cheers my wine friends 🍷



No comments:

Post a Comment