Visitors

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Giuseppe Campagnola Le Bine Monte Foscarino Soave Classico 2009, Veneto, Italy



I have this love and hate thing with Soave, sometime its quite delicious and complex, then there are times where its just dull and bitter. I think it is a wine most enjoyed with food. What do I think about this Soave?  I think that it is a very well made wine, a blend of 70% Garganega and 30% Trebbiano, complex aromatics of citrus fruit, pear, melon and almonds. A medium bodied wine, fresh, almost piquant acidity, refreshing citrus flavours and long finish. I think that this is a great value, a superb wine at $14.00 for sure. I had this wine with a Cajun Chicken Alfredo and it worked very well. I can see this wine served with a Grilled Chicken Salad or White Fish. Strongly recommended.

This wine was purchased on June 11, 2011 LCBO New Release at $13.95

No comments:

Post a Comment