Visitors

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Adventure and Thrill of "The Find"


When I travel, I am constantly on the lookout for wine shops. I am hopelessly addicted, searching for wines I can rarely taste or have only read about. Some shops are small and charming, others may have a tasting bar with interesting wines to sample.

The stores in my province of Ontario all look the same, some are smaller and some are much bigger but they all look alike. Privately owned stores are interesting and have personality that embody the passion of the owner. 

This was my approach last summer while seeking wine shops in Berlin, Stockholm and Amsterdam and then this summer in Rome, Tuscany, Barcelona and Ajaccio on the island of Corsica in France.

And here are five addition to my cellar from this summer's wine;
-Chateau les Ormes de Pez 1999, Saint-Estèphe, Bordeaux, France
-Chateau Haut-Marbuzet 2002, Saint-Estèphe, Bordeaux, France
(Both bought in Ajaccio at a beautiful shop call Caviar-Volga)

-La Rioja Alta S.A., Grand Reserva Cosecha 1998, Rioja, Spain (Bought in Barcelona)
-Bolgueri Sassicaia 2008, Tuscany, Italy (bought in San Gimignano)
-Varramista Ottopioppi 2007, Tuscany, Italy
A blend of Sangiovese and Grenache bought in small shop in Volterra, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment