Visitors

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cantine Leonardo da Vinci Merlot Degli Artisti 2005, Tuscany, Italy



While in Rome I had the opportunity to visit Naumachia Ristorante & Wine Bar in Rome (Via Celimontana 7) for dinner, just a few blocks from the Colosseum. I was quite impressed with the wine list and excited to see that both red and white wines were stored in there respective temperature controlled wine cellars. I was truly excited to try wines which I have never set my eyes upon prior to this.  I was looking for a red wine which would work well with our three meals, and I settled on a Cantine Leonardo da Vinci Merlot Degli Artisti 2005. I was a bit hesitant that a 2005 Merlot may be past its prime but was assured that it was drinking beautifully right now and... it sure was.

This Merlot posessed a great of deal aromatics of wild berries, cherries, plums, red currants, vanilla and cloves. On the palate, balance acidity, well integrated tannins with a rich and velvet mouthfeel. The finish was long, smooth and oh so enjoyable. I have tasted from this winery, their Chianti Classico before. but not their Merlot. I would most definitely buy this wine again.

We all were very happy with our visit at this restaurant, the food was very good and well priced, the service was excellent and my dessert  of Creme Caramel, was possibly the best I have ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment