Visitors

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mission Hill Select Lot Collection Syrah 2007, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia


I have fond memories of the Mission Hill SLC Syrah 2004 and 2006, which I believe has to be some of the best BC Syrah I have ever tasted. Now, how does the 2007 compare? On the nose, a very rich aromatic wine with black fruit, sage, coffee, smoky and meaty. Full bodied mouthfeel, with a well managed alcohol at 14%, with more dark fruit savoury spices, cedar, pepper, balance acidity and dusty tannins. The finish is long, rich and muscular. I did enjoy this Syrah, but it did not compare to the more elegance and finesse of the 2004 and 2006 vintage. I little too much oak for my palate but a very solid performer.  If a number had to be assigned (for easy comparison), I would rate this at a 89 out of 100.

This wine was purchase at the Artisan Wine Shop in Victoria BC on July 18, 2011 at $36.99

No comments:

Post a Comment