Visitors

Saturday, February 2, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for January 2013


 
Looking back at the many wines reviewed this month; I must say that I am pretty satisfied with my purchases. That being said, for the first time in a while, there wasn’t a clear choice for the number 1 spot. I was quite happy with a number of wines under the $20.00 mark, like De Martino Legado Carmenère 2010, Sivas Sonoma Old Vine Zinfandel 2009, Don Jacobo Reserva 2004 and the very interesting Castellani Poggio Al Casone La Cattura 2010. I also enjoyed the Gemma Gibblin Riserva Barolo 2005 even if it tasted more like a spicy Pinot. I continue find it difficult to purchase Pinot Noir that appeals to my palette, perhaps I should look more closely at Barolo. Now here are my top three wines for this month; 
 
My top three wines in January
 
1- Legón Reserva 2005, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain
When you consider the quality and enjoyability of this 100% Tempranillo based wine, at this price, I find it to be an absolute steal. Needles to say that I went back to purchase plenty more, before they are all sold out.  
 
 
2- Stonestreet Monument Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, Alexander Mountain Estate, Alexander Valley, California, USA
Not originally on my shopping list from the December 8, 2012, LCBO New Release, but based on all the great reviews, I decided to splurge a little. I am glad I did, this is a solid California Cabernet.
 
 
3- Marc Brédif Vouvray 2010, Ac Loire, France
This is another great vintage for Marc Brédif Vouvray. I enjoyed it on three seperate occasions with several friends, the verdict was always the same, outstanding wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment