Visitors

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tenute Piccini Brunello Di Montalcino Villa al Cortile 2006, Tuscany, Italy


 

This wine is a bit shy on the nose with aromas of dried fruit, bay leaves, leather, tobacco, smoky, earthy and peppery notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied with alcohol coming in at 14%, dry, rustic, earthy palate, little fruit, balanced acidity and dusty tannins. Good length on the finish with an underlying earthiness and dry. Coming from the very good 2006 vintage, I was left a little disappointed, the result of too much oak, robbing the fruity character of this vintage. Score 88 points.

Purchased October 27, 2012 at the SAQ in Montréal (11794301) at $28.85

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this. My parents have told me stories of when they had wine and stayed at one of the Villas in Tuscany, Italy and have told me how nice it is there. That's why I am planning a trip with some friends, which I am really looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete