Visitors

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Carlos Serres Reserva 2012, Rioja, Spain 🇪🇸




🍇 Tempranillo 90%
🍇 Graciano 10%

🧐 Alcool 14%

🍁 My Score 91 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Sensuous nose with aromas of wild berries, cherries, plums, vanilla, leather and smoke undertone. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, smooth texture, flavourful with silky tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is medium-long with excellent depth of flavours.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

What a great find at the European Vine Selections store, in Seattle, last month. I reviewed a few Reserva lately, where I said that it would keep improving over the next few years. This wine is what I was talking about, seven years old and it’s in a beautiful place right now. Incredible aromatics with all elements of this wine well integrated and a flavourful, elegant finish. At $16 US dollars for a mature wine like this one, the quality/price ratio is well in your favour. Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment