Visitors

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Rivera Marese Bombino Bianco 2018, Doc Castel Del Monte, Puglia, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Bombino Bianco 100%

🧐 Alcohol 12.5%

🍁 My Score 89 Points 

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

A beautiful, delicate nose with aromas of apples, melons, minerals, lemon zest and light floral notes. On the mouthfeel light bodied with a slightly creamy texture, fresh balanced acidity and flavours of citrus, melons and bitter almonds on the finish.


🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I am quite familiar with the reds of Rivera, I have been a fan for many years.  On the other hand this is my first experience with one of their white and it’s also my first experience with this varietal.  A charming experience especially when paired with the right food. In this case it was paired with poached cod served with sautéed cherry tomatoes, chilli oil roasted crispy shallots and garlic toppings, fresh mint and coriander. The result of a perfect pairing is when the wine enhances the flavours in your food and the dish makes your wine even better. Awesome value at $18 🇨🇦 dollars, strongly recommended my wine friends. Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment