Visitors

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Orofino Beleza 2016, Similkameen Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Merlot
🍇 Cabernet Sauvignon
🍇 Cabernet Franc
🍇 Petit Verdot

🧐 14.5%

🍁 My Score 92%

🧩 Aged for 20 months in premium French and American barrels. Unfined and unfiltered

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

A beautiful and inviting nose with aromas of ripe berry fruit, cherries, vanilla, tobacco and oak spices. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, luscious mid palate, silky tannins and refreshing acidity. The finish is long, flavourful with great depth of flavours.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I just can’t believe that this is my first experience with this local Meritage blend, talk about a hidden gem. I have discovered some beautiful red blends from the Similkameen Valley over the last few years. As I discovered from my visit to the Okanagan Valley last September and during various trade tastings over the last year, was that the 2016 vintage was excellent for red wines. A gorgeous wine and highly recommended. Cheers my wine friends🍷 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment