Visitors

Monday, February 24, 2020

Winemaker’s CUT Grüner Veltliner 2018, VQA Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Grüner Veltliner

🧐 Alcohol 12%

🍁 My Score 91 Points

🧩 Made with minimal intervention, wild/spontaneous stainless steel ferment. “All wines are raised by classical music in the cellar, Estate wines by classical music in the vineyard as well.” Small production of 80 cases.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Beautiful, elegant nose with aromas of pears, apples, citrus fruits, almonds and white pepper. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, elegant texture, well balanced with refreshing acidity. The finish is medium length with plenty of ripe lemon fruit, peaches and white pepper.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Austria’s most popular varietal, Grüner is hard to find, with only three wineries growing this varietal here in British Columbia. I tasted the wines from Winemaker’s CUT three times last year. What an awesome discovery, I love the winemaking style from Slovakian winemaker Michal Mosny, who is bringing a beautiful European sensibility to the Okanagan. Not only this delicious Grüner, I love his Syrah (2 from the 2017 in my cellar) and his Bohemian Cuvée 2018, which I have not been able to find yet. Small production winery where the quality of their wines makes the search well worth it. Cheers my wine friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment