Visitors

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Tommasi Amarone della Valpolicella 2013, Veneto, Italy 🇮🇹




🍇 Corvina 50%
🍇 Rondinella 30%
🍇 Corvinone 15%
🍇 Oseleta 5%

🧐 Alcohol 15%

🍁 My Score 93 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

What a sensuous nose on this Amarone with aromas of cherries, plums, dried figs, raisins, leather, chocolate and toasty notes. On the mouthfeel, full bodied, rich fruit concentration, luscious texture, smooth tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is long, incredibly flavourful with flavours of ripe cherries, chocolate and raisiny flavours lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I love Amarone, I don’t know why I don’t drink them more often, they are such a treat. Purchased in March 2017 and tasted sometime in 2018 at a trade tasting. I thought it needed additional time in bottle and my patience provided a show stomping, gorgeous fruity Amarone, so bold and yet so soft and elegant. There are many reasons why this is one of the most popular Amarone in Canada. This is such a perfect match when paired with pizza, there is so much going on in both the pizza and wine. Stunning wine my wine friends. Cheers 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment