Visitors

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Casa Emma Chianti Classico 2009, Tuscany, Italy


I really struggled with this review. In total I bought 6 bottles of this Chianti and had already enjoyed four. I thought, I should write a review of this wine, it’s so good. I photographed bottle number 5, but unfortunately the wine was corked. I decided to take a chance, open number 6, it was even more corked than the previous bottle. This will not deter me from buying another bottle, the pure pleasure of this wine is worth the risk. At less in this jurisdiction, you can return a corked or faulty bottle for a full refund or exchange.  So, I will write this review based on the other four bottles which were consistently good, all four.

There is so much I like about this wine, from the very good 2007 vintage in Tuscany, this Chianti Classico is a blend of 90% Sangiovese, 5% Canaiolo and 5% Malvasia Nara. On the nose this wine opens up with aromas of cherry, plum, sundried tomato, soft leather, savoury herbs and herbal notes. On the palate, light to medium bodied, red berry fruit flavours, fresh acidity and soft silky tannins. Very good energy and length on the finish with plumy-red berry fruit flavours lingering. To be enjoyed with a tomato based pasta, pizza, or on its own, its that good. Strongly recommended and very good value for fans of a more traditional style of Chianti Classico. Score 90 points.

Purchased March 3, 2012 LCBO New Release (056952) at $18.95

No comments:

Post a Comment