Visitors

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Hidden Bench Felsesk Vineyard Pinot Noir 2016, VQA Beamsville Bench, Ontario, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Pinot Noir 100%

🧐 Alcohol 13%

🍁 My Score 90 Points

🔹 Slightly shy on the nose with aromas ripe cherries, pomegranates, underbrush, graphite, spices and light smoke. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, dry, slightly rustic with fuzzy tannins and balanced acidity. The finish is medium length with sour-edged flavours of cherries and plums with underlying earthiness and minerals.

🔸 I fell in love with this Pinot, when I visited the winery last December. This is complex style of Pinot which would shine at the diner table. I can really see this wine being paired with a Coq au Vin. There is so much going on in this dish that the flavours of this Pinot would pair beautifully. Great potential to score even higher with a few extra years in bottle. Certainly glad that I have a few more bottles left. Cheers my wine friends🍷




No comments:

Post a Comment