Visitors

Friday, September 20, 2019

Kalala Organic Estate Rosé 2018, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Gewurztraminer 65%
🍇 Zweigelt 20%
🍇 Pinot Noir 10%
🍇 Merlot 5%

🧐 Alcohol 11%

🍁 My Score 89 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Lovely nose with aromas of wild strawberries, watermelon, and light spices. On the mouthfeel, light bodied, refreshing flavours and acidity. The finish is medium length, dry with ripe berry fruit and grapefruit freshness which begs for another sip.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

An interesting blend isn’t it?  I am not one of those who believe that Rosé are made for the summer only.  I tasted this Rosé at Bloom Spring Release and really enjoyed it.  I suggested that the store order a few cases, thanks Nathan 🙏🙂  Researching this wine I was quite surprised to find out the high portion of Gewurztraminer, because I don’t usually enjoy this varietal.  I’m happy to report that I didn’t smell any lychee in the Rosé 😂  Instead a beautiful fruity nose, great acidity and a dry flavourful finish. This would pair well with food or simply on it’s own. Strongly recommended. Cheers my wine friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment