Visitors

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Intersection Unfiltered Silica Merlot 2014, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Merlot 100%

🧐 Alcohol 14.8%

🍁 My Score 91 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Most interesting nose with aromas of plums, black cherries, violets, crushed stone and toasty vanilla oak. On the mouthfeel, full bodied, dry, intense with a mineral character, silky tannins and balance acidity. The finish is long with slightly unripe blackberries, dark chocolate with a stony mineral texture lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I was really surprised and very intrigued when I first tasted this wine at a trade tasting last spring. It’s unlike any Merlot I have ever tasted from B.C. A stunning, bold Merlot full of character and with a mineral character throughout. One of the interesting elements is that the finish is dryer than the aromatics would suggest. I have been enjoying the 2014 wines from British Columbia lately. They are in a very good place right now and drinking beautifully. I stopped by their winery in Oliver last month and pick up their Meritage blend Axiom 2014. Another stunner 👌 Cheers my wine friends 🍷🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment