Visitors

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Poplar Grove CSM 2014, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦




🍇 Cabernet Franc 37%
🍇 Cabernet Sauvignon 27%
🍇 Syrah 16%
🍇 Malbec 11%
🍇 Merlot 9%

🧐 Alcohol 13.4%

🍁 My Score 90 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Savoury bouquet with aromas of blueberries, plums, field berries, exotic wood spices, soft leather and vanilla notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, structure is entirely elegant, well integrated tannins and fresh acidity. The finish is medium length with soft berry fruit and savoury herbs like thyme and sage lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I have been enjoying wines from Poplar Grove for more than a decade but this is my first experience with this blend. I enjoy wines when Syrah is added to Bordeaux varietals. There are some delicious examples of those wines here in British Columbia. As I have mentioned on a few occasions lately, I love the 2014 vintage from B.C. This wine is almost impossible to resist from it’s beautiful, sensuous and savoury aromatics, where all it’s elements are well integrated. More savoury notes than fruit at this stage makes it for a lovely sipping aperitif style wine and a cheese and charcuterie platter. Cheers my wine friends 🍷


Unfortunately, this wine is only available to Club members and at the winery tasting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment