Visitors

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Jean-Paul Brun Terres Dorées Moulin-à-Vent 2016, Beaujolais, France 🇫🇷




🍇 Gamay 100%

🧐 Alcohol 12.5%

🍁 My Score 90 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Inviting and fruity nose with aromas of crushed wild strawberries, plums, blackberries, spices and slightly earthy notes. On the mouthfeel, medium bodied, dry, broad texture with silky tannins and refreshing acidity. The finish is medium length with darker fruit flavours, spices and smoky flavours lingering.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Here is another wine which after I removed the foil, I find lots of dirt and bacteria on top of the cork and around the bottle.  After washing all of this with a warm cloth, I pull the cork which felt soft and almost wet. As I was pulling out the cork I did not have a good feeling, but to my surprise, there it was an explosion of strawberry, like I was in a middle of a field picking strawberries. A delightful Beaujolais in a style I really enjoy, juicy flavours, light tannins and great acidity. Enjoyed over two evenings, the second evening it wasn’t as fruity but it was just as delicious. It should keep improving with a few additional years in bottle. Cheers my wine friends 🍷


No comments:

Post a Comment