Visitors

Friday, October 11, 2019

Quinta Do Vale Meão Meandro 2014, Douro Valley, Portugal 🇵🇹




🍇 Touriga Nacional 40%
🍇 Touriga Franca 30%
🍇 Tinta Roriz 20%
🍇 Tinta Barroca 5%
🍇 Tinto Cão 3%
🍇 Sousão 2%

🧐 Alcool 14%

🍁 My Score 91 Points

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Attractive and inviting nose with aromas of ripe berry fruit, plums, black cherries, dried violets, chocolate, leather and tobacco notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, flavourful with a velvet texture, smooth tannins and refreshing acidity. The finish is long with flavours of blueberries, plums, vanilla and chocolate.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

This was not my first experience with this wine but it always felt that I was opening them to early. This bottle was purchased on January of 2018 and the added months in bottle has given this wine incredible aromatics texture and great flavours. I have been enjoying wine for thirty years, so I really enjoy wines like this one, which is so different, that it stands out from most wines on today’s wine shelves. Look at all those interesting varietals! Strongly recommended Cheers my wine friends 🍷

No comments:

Post a Comment