Visitors

Saturday, June 1, 2013

My top three enjoyed wines for May 2013





This was a very interesting month for me on the wine front. I spent five days in New York City, browsing through as many wine shop as I could, with my favourite two being; the Burgundy Wine Company and Crush Wine & Spirit. I also enjoyed some memorable wines in a few wine bars in NY. Apart from the Domaine Cros de la Mûre, Côtes du Rhône Villages, Massif D’ Uchaux 2007 which I reviewed on this blog, I also enjoyed a glass of dry Riesling at Terroir Wine Bar, Carl Ehrhard Rüdesheimer Berg Rottland Riesling Feinherb 2010, which was very interesting, I would describe as crisp, refreshing and edgy. It was also with great pleasure that I attended the German Wine Fair in Toronto on May 28 (more on that fair in a future post).  While in Toronto, friends and I had an awesome evening at Skin + Bones Wine Bar, enjoying a bottle of Seven Hills Merlot 2009 from Seven Hills Vineyard in Walla Walla Valley, Washington state (wish I had taken a photo for a review). I would not want to end this post without mentioning a few wines which did not make my top three picks but deserve some recognition; Henry of Pelham Reserve Baco Noir 2010 and Castello Di San Sano Guarnellotto Chianti Classico Riserva 2008.   




My top three wines in May

1- Ateca Atteca 2010, Aragon, Calatayud, Spain


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/05/ateca-atteca-2010-aragon-calatayud-spain.html



In the number one spot, this was an easy pick. There is something special with Spanish Grenache, especially when it is this aromatic and sensuous. My only regret is not having purchased more bottles of this wine. Truly memorable.



2- Campigli Vallone ‘Terre Nere’ Brunello Di Montalcino 2006, Docg Tuscany, Italy


http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/05/campigli-vallone-terre-nere-brunello-di.html


There is a good reason why I have many Brunello’s in my cellar. With a little bottle ageing, these wines are always flavourful with so many food pairing possibilities.   


3- Beaulieu Vineyard BV Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Napa Valley, California, USA

http://paulnjoywine.blogspot.ca/2013/05/beaulieu-vineyard-bv-cabernet-sauvignon.html


I have never been disappointed by any of the wines from Beaulieu Vineyard. Always well balanced with subtle flavours and fine texture, like this wine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment