Visitors

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Domaine Rolet Trousseau 2015, Arbois, Jura, France 🇫🇷



🍇 Trousseau 100%

🧐 Alcohol 13%

🍁 My Score 89 Points

 🔹 Intriguing notes with aromas of Morello cherries, plums, tea, soft leather, red licorice and underbrush. On the mouthfeel, light to medium, dry, light minerality with soft tannins and lively acidity. The finish is medium length with flavours of tart cherries, plums, vanilla.

 🔸 I have ventured out from my conform zone and tried out a varietal which I have never tasted before. I found Trousseau to be quite an interesting wine experience, somewhat similar to a Pinot Noir but with a beautiful minerality and earthiness throughout. This is a varietal, which is not that common and it does represent very good value. Best served slightly chilled. I do not recall seeing this many Tartrate Crystals (also know as wine diamonds) on a red before. I keeps these corks like a trophy, as you may know, Diamonds are wine lovers best friend. Cheers my wine friends 🍷



No comments:

Post a Comment