Visitors

Thursday, August 6, 2020

The Hermit Ram Ancestral Method Müller-Thurgau 2019, Canterbury, New Zealand 🇳🇿




🍇 Müller-Thurgau 

🧐 Alcohol 10%

🔹 Fresh nose with aromas of tangerine, apricot, passion fruit, lemon zest and light yeasty notes. The is dry with light bubbles, fuzzy peach skin texture and refreshing acidity. The finish is medium length, slightly tangy with loads of citrus fruits, lemon pit and light tropical fruits. 

🔸What an interesting new wine experience for me. Fifteen years ago when I graduated from my Sommelier program at Algonquin College we had no experience with natural wines, back then they would have been deemed faulty. How things have changed!  The younger generation of wine lovers are looking for something different, interesting, may I even say a funkier wine experience. As for this skin fermented Pet-Nat, low alcohol keeps it crisp and refreshing and this Sparkling reminds me of a summer beer with the last drop from the bottle much more like an unfiltered apple cider. An awesome experience, I am definitely looking forward to their Pinot Noir.  Cheers my wine friends 🥂

No comments:

Post a Comment