Visitors

Monday, March 2, 2020

Vancouver International Wine Festival February 27-29, 2020



It’s always a great experience attending this Festival with a total of 163 wineries, from 15 countries; 725 wines and an additional 150 wines available at trade tasting. This year the “Regional Theme Country” was France. I attended the trade tasting of Thursday & Friday with Nathan, the manager of our wine store Vintage Spirits in Victoria. With the goal of researching and purchasing wines to fill the needs and replenish our store.

Here are my top 10 tasted at the Festival;  (In no particular order)

1-Bodega Catena Zapata Malbec Argentino 2017, Mendoza, Argentina 🇦🇷 

2-Bodega Colomé Gran Corte 2017, Salta, Argentina 🇦🇷 

3-Champagne Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Grands Crus Blanc de Blanc 2007, France 🇫🇷 

4-Louis Bernard Côte-Rôtie 2016, Rhône, France 🇫🇷 

5-Paul Jaboulet Aîné Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2017, Rhône, France 🇫🇷 

6-Tissot-Maire Crémant du Jura Brut Lapiaz, Jura, France 🇫🇷 

7-Carpineto Molin Vecchio 2010, Tuscany, Italy 🇮🇹

8-Il Molino di Grace Gratuis 2011, Tuscany, Italy 🇮🇹 

9-Jasci & Marchesani Pecorino Biologico 2017, Abruzzo, Italy 🇮🇹 

10-Feudo Arancio Heddonis Riserva 2015, Sicily, Italy 🇮🇹 

Apart from the trade only wines, the wine poured at the Festival are available to purchase. As a result of my labour intensive tasting, 7 wines are coming home with me. One of those wines, which I really enjoyed and decided to purchase was Jean-Luc Colombo Les Bartavelles Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2016. But to my dismay, when I arrived in my hotel room, in my hand was a bottle of the 2018 vintage 🤨 Not cool.

After many recommendations from posts on Instagram, I stopped by Vinã Santa Ema to taste their Gran Reserva Sauvignon Blanc 2019, represented by Trialto Wine.  Absolutely stunning 👌 With summer arriving soon, I would definitely like to see this wine on our shelves. 

Cheers my wine friends 🍷🥂




No comments:

Post a Comment